Outline: To work in partnership with the District Commissioner to ensure that effective operation of the Cub Scout Section in their District in accordance with the rules as laid down in POR of The Scout Association.
Responsible for: District Leaders (if applicable)
Responsible to: District Commissioner
Main Contacts: CC, DCs, ACC (Cub Scouts), other ADCs, District and County Advisers, District Administrator, HQ, ADC (Cub Scouts) from other Districts, GirlGuiding UK, Schools and other local Youth Organisations.
Appointment Requirements: To understand and accept The Scout Association’s policies, have a satisfactory DBS Clearance, Completion of Wood Badge, which includes the Section Supporter Modules as detailed in the Adult’s Personal File and The Scout Association’s Adult Training Scheme.
General Main Tasks
- Ensure purpose, method, policies and programme are carried out throughout the Section in the District
- Assist GSLs in the encouragement of all Leaders in the Section to provide a balanced programme
- Co-operate with DC to support all Leaders and Commissioners in matters relating to the Section and its Leaders
- Promote and encourage to the Section the implementation of all policies of The Scout Association, especially the key policies as laid
down in Chapter 2 of POR
- Liaise with District Administrators
- Maintain a working relationship with DC, other ADC (Cub Scouts) and other Commissioners within the District
- Work in partnership with DC in the management of the District and the Section’s programme and activities
- Maintain contact relevant to the Section age group with in the local community
- Promote the Section’s Scouting to the local Community
- Support the DC in the development of the District
Note: any other specific tasks are to be agreed with the DC.
Interested in this role or have any questions about what it involves? Drop us a line using the form below and we’ll get back to you